So, subscription boxes are everywhere it seems. Whether it’s beauty, grooming or even clothing, there’s a subscription for everything. Beauty boxes are ideal for new makeup artists to help build their kit, but also for beauty collectors like us. Birchbox advertises their boxes for £10 a month, which is one of the cheaper boxes on the market, however, Birchbox is very highly rated.
My box arrived this month and it was a super cute, pastel pink and yellow watercolour box. Inside, I had the usual 5 products which were a mixture of full-sized and luxe size. I received two makeup pieces this month, both of them were full sized.
- The first product was an eyeshadow/blush by Manna Kadar Beauty, this is a gorgeous deep peach colour which swatched beautifully. It’s a little bit too dark for my skin tone however it would look beautiful on someone with a deeper skin tone. It also has a slight shimmer to it, with some MAC Fix+ this would look stunning on the eye!
- The next makeup product I got was an Eyeko London Fat Eye Stick in ‘Satin’. Now, I don’t usually use cream or stick shadows so I’m always apprehensive about trying these out. When I swatched this initially it looks really pretty, a metallic taupe with lots of pigment and shimmer. However, once I blended this in, I lost a lot of the pigment which is a shame but I’m guessing you can build up the pigment again.
- Moving onto skincare, I received the What’s in it for me..? Shower Scrub. This was a luxe sized exfoliant, and oh my god it smells amazing! It has a sweet orange and jasmine scent which is really fresh and perfect for this time of year.
- Next in my box was the Balance Me Congested Skin Serum, this was rated 4+ stars on Birchbox’s website so I was super excited when this arrived. It is ideal for blemishes, breakouts or breakout prone skin. The serum works to balance skin and refine your pores. Skincare is something I want to do more, I have a super basic skincare routine and would love to branch out. Subscription boxes are a perfect way to test different things out and work out which product works for you.
- The last thing in my box was the BeautyPro Under Eye Mask. This mask is a hydrogel patch with marine collagen, infused with soothing green tea, aloe vera and vitamins A and E, it is designed to leave you bright-eyed and de-puffed. I live for sheet masks so I’m excited to test this out.
I am definitely pleased with my box this month, however, if I wish I could have been sent more makeup products but I can’t really complain with what I received. I can’t wait to see what I get next month.
If you could make your own subscription box, what would be in it? Comment down below!
Love, Beth xx
Please click the links to follow my socials: